Commercial Project Manager
A Project Manager is responsible for the execution of the contract scope of work on projects within the allotted budget and schedule. A PM will manage multiple projects from the submittal stage to completion using internal and external resources in the most efficient manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and cultivate relationships with the construction industry including general contractors and vendors.
- Recruit bidding opportunities by contacting contractors, architects, etc.
- Prepare project estimate that details all quantities, specific inclusions/exclusions and qualifications. Must convey complete scope of work.
- Secure award of contract after bid and take from start to finish
- Prepare submittals and shop drawings.
- Work with contract and billing administrator on paperwork, billings, Schedule of Values, job costing, insurance, job information spreadsheets and reports.
- Prepare and submit RFI to GC in timely manner utilizing either company form or GC’s project information software package to minimize project delays.
- Update shop drawings and submittals after approval.
- Train, mentor, and help the development of Assistant PMs.
- Effectively communicate with foreman and team members regarding project materials and installation.
- Schedule delivery of material to job site in logical manner that best utilizes labor force and available space on project
- Prepare material take off in logical systematic manner
- Create purchase orders for glass and aluminum materials and communicate with vendors.
- Actively communicate with job superintendents and project managers to verify job conditions and project schedule prior to starting the job.
- Attend job meetings and coordinate project installation with field supervisor.
- Provide change orders on projects as requested. Calculate material and labor breakdowns for change orders.
- Monitor shop fabrication to ensure quality and processing of material consistent with project schedule and work flow.
- Perform job site visits to ensure understanding of project status, work flow, quality control and minimize potential problems.
- Track progress of job in relation to estimated labor and materials versus actual material and labor.
- Compile project documentation for company records consisting of photos and field reports.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Must maintain a current driver’s license and driving record must qualify for insurance under the Company’s current carrier and policy. Deviation from this requires the approval of the Manager of Commercial Operations.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three to five years’ experience in commercial contract glazing or with related manufacturers.
- Knowledge of commercial construction practices.
- Good communication skills and sales ability.
- Proficient at understanding and translating construction plans, drawings and specifications and generating accurate take-offs and estimates
- Excellent math, formulation and configuration skills
- Keen attention to detail, organization and mechanical aptitude
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to handle multiple projects and/or estimates at one time
- Must possess working knowledge of systems and products below. Knowledge consists of system performance, assembly, installation, fabrication and engineering terminology
- Doors – Storefront, Automatic, Revolving, Balanced and All-Glass
- Door Hardware
- All-Glass Entrances
- Interior Glazing Systems
- Exterior Glass
- Interior Glass – Decorative and Specialty
- Ability to identify problems and develop creative solutions that minimize impact to project
- Understands field installation methods and how to select correct systems for project
- Understand the Value Engineering process and how to use it to secure project